All the changes ushered in by pregnancy can be overwhelming, both emotionally and physically. Prenatal massage addresses both these arenas. Our licensed massage therapist is certified in Prenatal Massage and Infant Massage, and she creates an atmosphere of holistic relaxation.
Some benefits of prenatal massage include:
- Hormone regulation
- Reduction of swelling
- Improvement of nerve pain
- Reduced back pain
- Reduced joint pain
- Improved circulation
- Reduced muscle tension and headaches
- Reduced stress and anxiety
- Improved oxygenation of soft tissues and muscles
- Better sleep
After the marathon of birth, it can be a challenge for new mothers to regain their strength. Massage helps initiate your path to fitness and well being while promoting better posture, blood circulation, and relieving tension headaches. The relaxation experienced during massage also promotes healthy sleep patterns and a healthy breastfeeding relationship. And if you’re not getting the sleep you wish you were, massage is an alternate route to rest and relaxation.
Infant Massage Classes
The techniques taught in our infant massage classes facilitate a rewarding time of bonding with your baby. You will learn to interpret your baby’s cues, deepen attachment, and even lower your own blood pressure. At the same time, baby receives the benefits of improved digestive health, increased immunity, better respiration, and stimulated brain activity. This is an 1.5 hour class.
- Moms, dads, nannies, grandparents, and other caregivers can all participate in and benefit from infant massage classes
- Techniques offer relief for colicky babies
- Group classes are a great opportunity to meet other moms