Childbirth Essentials Course
5-class series over 5 weeks
Our Childbirth Essentials Course provides you and your birth partner with 12 hours of information, practical skills and exercises essential for preparing you for your birth experience. You will be equipped to know what to expect in labor, utilize different comfort measures and relaxation techniques, ask the right questions, be fully informed of your options, and make choices that give you the best opportunity for achieving the birth you want.
Group Course | 250.00
Private Course | 300.00
Private Course In-Home | 350.00
Upcoming class date
- May 10th through June 7th from 6:00-8:30pm (Wednesdays)
- July 10th through August 7th from 6:00-8:30pm (Mondays)
- August 21st through September 25th from 6:00-8:30pm, no class on Labor Day (Mondays)
- October 2nd through 30th from 6:00-8:30pm (Mondays)
- November 6th through December 4th from 6:00-8:30pm (Mondays)
Childbirth Essentials Crash Course
4-class series over 2 weekends
Just because you don't have time for our full course, doesn't mean you shouldn't have the opportunity to be empowered with quality childbirth education. The same Childbirth Essentials, but condensed!
GROUP CRASH COURSE | 300.00
Private Crash Course | 350.00
Upcoming class dates
- August 12th, 13th, 19th, 20th from 1:00-4:00pm (Saturdays and Sundays)
- December 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th from 1:00-4:00pm (Saturdays and Sundays)
Homebirth Essentials Course
4-class series over 4 weeks
The Homebirth Essentials Course fuses the fundamental aspects of labor and birth from our original Childbirth Essentials Course with specific information that is important for families delivering at home. This class will prepare you for many of the aspects that are particular to giving birth in the home environment.
GROUP COURSE | 250.00
PRIVATE COURSE | 300.00
PRIVATE COURSE IN-HOME | 350.00
upcoming class date
- June 3rd through 24th from 1:00-4:00pm (Saturdays)
- September 9th through 30th from 1:00-4:00pm (Saturdays)
Vaginal Birth After Cesarean (VBAC) Essentials Course
The road to a Vaginal Birth After Cesarean can be challenging. We are here to provide you the latest, evidence-based information and a listening ear in order to assist you in optimizing your next birth experience, as well as relaxation and coping tips for your upcoming birth. This is offered in three 2 hour sessions with potential for more time if needed.
Group Course| 225.00
upcoming class date
- June 6th through 20th from 6:00-8:00pm (Tuesdays)
- August 8th through 22nd from 6:00-8:00pm (Tuesdays)
- October 10th through 24th from 6:00-8:00pm (Tuesdays)
All course fees must be paid in full by the date of the first class of the series. A deposit of $125 is required to secure your spot in any course. The remainder of the payment (the total cost of the course minus the $125 deposit) can be made by cash, check, or credit on the first day of the class, or mailed to NOVA's office at 401 Center Street, Suite 119, Old Hickory, 37138.